Premise: Initial Influence Maps

 These are my initial influence maps for my short film:

Environment and colour inspiration:


In terms of environment and colour within my short, I want it to remain very vibrant and whimsical reflecting that of Disney's 'silver age' era, focusing on the work of the iconic Mary Blair, known for her magical, colourful concept pieces created for various films by the Disney company. For me, her work really replicates that of a 'fairy tale esc' nostalgia. I have also included concept pieces from Disney's Sleeping Beauty (1959), as this style has an illustrative look that could mix well with the whimsical style of Blair.


For character style I have mainly focused on the work of Don Bluth, as his work focuses around fairy tales such as Anastasia (1997) and Thumbelina (1994), including both musical numbers and female leads. Along with this I also looked at Disney's Fantasia (1940) , Peter Pan (1953), Cinderella (1950) and Sleeping Beauty (1959). 

Comments

Popular Posts