Fairytale Ending: Tree House Exploration

 


After researching and taking notes on design, I decided to attempt to design Dorothea's house. I really wanted a distinct style and silhouette reminiscent of her character - old timey but quiet rounded and soft, but rough around the edges. Above is some of my more developed designs of her house.

Below is me trying to figure out the shape of the tree, realising I wanted the tree to resemble a hand holding the house up. Along with a quick sketch of the floor plan just so I could get some perspective of the dimensions of the house.


Similar to the Tangled (2010) creative team, I looked towards the most whimsical architecture I could think of- a lot stemming from Disneyland, with a few from some fairy houses created to a much smaller scale.



Comments

Popular Posts