Minor Project: Online Greenlight Review

 


Listed below are various parts of the project I have been working on recently, focusing around the pre-production work such as modelling, music, and designing.

Music:

Emma-Leigh: Song Writer  Robert Ruby: Producer and Composer  Abbey Fuller: Vocalist

My friend Emma and I first began working on the song a couple of months ago. Emma worked on creating the original composition and lyrics, with input from me on tweaking the lyrics to get them to fit with the story. 

Tweaking the lyrics with Emma

Fairytale Ending Final Lyrics

However due to COVID I wasn't able to take this much further than the initial writing stage, so had I to branch out, getting the song recoded and produced remotely. Luckily, I found Robert Ruby who was able to take the original composition and create a brand new version incorporating various instruments. I then had to find the vocals for the song, for this I tasked Abbey Fuller who was able to fill the role of Dorothea for the song. (I have also gained reference footage from this that will be useful when animating Dorothea in terms of lip syncing, which can be found on Basecamp within my Minor Project folder) With all this, Ruby was then able to put each element together to produce the Fairytale Ending song which was completed recently. 

 

3D Character Modelling:

In terms of 3d Modelling I have almost completed the head with only a few final bits left such as the brow, ear, throat and hair. 

Head Modelling Part 1

Head Modelling Part 2

Head Modelling Part 3

Head Modelling Part 4

Head Modelling Part 5

Most Recent (without eyelashes)

Design:

For design I have been working on finalising and polishing the colours on Dorothea's design, and working on prop design. Along with this I have also created rough coloured thumbnails to see what the abstract parts of the film may look like, drawing inspiration from the colours of Mary Blaire. I hope to do a few more of these over the weekend in-between modelling.






Comments

Popular Posts