Minor Project Submission: Fairytale Ending

 

Below is my submission for Minor, consisting of my reflective statement, Maya work including a turnaround of Dorothea, Animatic and Art of Fairytale Ending.

Reflective statement

Reflecting on this project I believe it has definitely challenged me. This project being primarily based on 3D work has enabled me to 'jump in at the deep end' as 3D is definitely an aspect I need to work on.  Although Im not 100 percent where I need to be in terms of my 3D pipeline, (having only just finished my base model that still needs to be rigged, skinned, and textured) I am still proud of what I have accomplished. Creating my character has been my first fully modelled character in Maya which to me was no easy feat.
Time wise I still think I need to work on my project management skills, as I did cram a lot of the 3D work into such a short space of time due to working on a new animatic and collaborating with various creators to make the music for my animation.

Throughout the project I think I became more confident in my modelling capabilities, having modelled the body in just under a week, while the head took me just a little longer due to how organic the shape of the head was. Although this wasn't a collaborative project, I certainly worked alongside my peers, with each party helping each other, allowing me to achieve the work that I was aiming for, asking for advice and overall supporting each other through the process.

For Major I hope to continue finishing up my model while beginning prop modelling, with one environment to model (as the rest is painted), then move onto animating and putting the final work together.

Overall, this project taught me so much, and really pushed me out of my comfort zone, and although falling a little short at the finish line, I have done something I never thought I'd be able to achieve, and feel proud that I can actually see a physical model, rather than worrying about whether I will have one.

Maya Work

Head Modelling Part 1

Head Modelling Part 2

Head Modelling Part 3

Head Modelling Part 4

Head Modelling Part 5

Head Modelling Part 6

Head Modelling Part 7

Head Modelling Part 8

Head Modelling Part 9

Head Modelling Part 10

Head Modelling Part 11

Head Modelling Part 12

Head Modelling Part 13


Body Modelling Part 1

Body Modelling Part 2

Body Modelling Part 3

Body Modelling Part 4

Body Modelling Part 5

Body Modelling Part 6

Body Modelling Part 7



Final Animatic with Final Music



Art of Fairytale Ending


Comments

Popular Posts