Toolkit 1: Life Drawing Lesson Number 1


These are some photographs from one of my first life drawing sessions. Within the session I tried various exercises such as working on coloured paper, considering the tones of the body. (fig 1)

Fig 1

Fig 2







I also tried quick 1 minute sketches where we moved around to each easel, either adding a sketch or finishing someone's sketch, which I found really helpful as it allowed me to get looser with my sketches and work at a much faster pace. (fig 2)


I also created some of my own one minute sketches which were a lot more stiff as these where the first ones I created. (fig 3)

Fig 3


Lastly I created two pieces where I incorporated both pen and gold water colour, for one of the sketches I had to use two pens at ones and the other I had to do while having my arm fully extended.





















Comments

  1. The pastel colours of fig.1, and the block watercolours on the second to last one are really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Such lovely stuff, Shannon - bold use of colour - exciting :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts