What If? Metropolis': The City of Formen Thumbnails 81- 85

I created these thumbnails of buildings that are in the process of being sculpted within my city. I decided my city would be a retreat for young sculptors to work on their skill and begin building their creations that would then house the next lot of budding creators to enter the city. To show that they are being built I made the choice of adding scaffolding and cutting out different parts of the buildings so they're not yet complete. Please let me know what you think of the idea and the concepts :)

Comments

  1. Loving the designs a lot, especially the different shapes and sizes of the structures. Maybe for the scaffolding you could have frames that show where the rest of the design is meant to go ( so you could have wires coming out of the unfinished sections, that finish the building or have wire netting going around the outside to hold it in place)
    the best example I could find was this (Scroll down to the Geko: http://www.beginnersschool.com/2015/08/26/building-an-armature-and-sculpting-a-head-in-the-round/ )
    or like this; http://thebroodingtom.blogspot.com/2012/05/dragon-armature-sculpting-use-these.html , so maybe have the building be built over the frame, while the scaffolding holds it in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I never considered that, I love the idea thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Yep - I like this idea - but actually your scaffolding here is making the objects inside them look rather smaller; you can use the scaffolding to do the opposite - see...

    http://lumensuae.com/web/?page_id=168

    Use the scale of the scaffolding to 'grow' the structures as impressive buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will take this into consideration :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts