What If Metropolis?': The City of Formen Thumbnails 86- 96

These thumbnails I created focus around the layout of the city and how all the buildings may be positioned, along with how this may work with the surroundings. I also looked into adding details like deciding which trees may be found within the area, such as spruce, oak, and pine. I also created rocks that surround the small lake that are based from parts of his geometric sculptures that translate well into rocks. Let me know your thoughts and opinions :)

Comments

  1. 89 is my favourite :) Maybe some of the trees at the front could be smaller to make the city seem bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be my advice... It can be really difficult at this stage to get elements like 'water' and 'trees' etc to look good in Maya (hence the use of matte paintings etc). For this reason, I'm leaning towards 88 (with the landscape sitting behind that as a matte painting) because some of those other compositions are prioritising all the organic elements over and above the city/buildings itself. It will be hard to get some of those more painterly qualities into your modelling (those trees for example) so I'd think about your strategy here - use your concept painting composition to accentuate your buildings and perhaps minimise the more naturalistic landscape elements.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts