What If? Metropolis': The City of Formen- Hero Prop Maya 3D Modelling



This is my Hero Prop so far that I 3D modeled using Maya. I had to take artistic liberties, and change some of my design, one of the main pieces being the spiral staircase. I couldn't attach the staircase to the building without it cutting into the bottom of the building. So instead I allowed it to go inside the building and have added arcs to suggest that the stairs go around inside the building, but still lead you to the entrance of the building.
To upon staring the building, Simon instructed that I should work on each element separately instead of trying to model the entire thing. This was a good tip as it allows me to focus on each segment, which are mainly made up of cylindrical shapes.

Comments

  1. a bit of compromise is often inevitable - adapt and move on! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts