Toolkit 2: Character Design - Lesson 2

In today's session of character design we first focused on creating our own character in a certain animation style. For this I was given Hotel Transylvania, where I decided to create a Siren. For this I mainly focused on elongating and exaggerating the anatomy of the character, as well as highly referencing the female characters of the film. 

I then had to take one of the characters from Hotel Transylvania (in this case Dracula) and turn them into the UPA style. I struggled a little, as this was my first time drawing in this style. However, this helped a lot later in the session, as I had to then draw sharks in the same style. I feel that with more practice I will come to understand less is more within this style, and to really add more sharp edges to give the character more shark attributes.










Comments

Popular Posts