Toolkit 2: Character Project - Influence Maps

These are the influence maps I created to help me when designing my shark character, as well as the style and scene they will be in. For the project I was given a shark, with a diva trait, drawn in the UPA style, who has a night on the town in a  1950's MGM musical, dancing.


For the UPA style I researched and found out about the company itself and why its' cartoons were created. Originally they started making war time animations, from there eventually they created a name for themselves and made their own shows in a very minimalist, almost abstract style.


I also looked at different types of sharks, thinking about how each one would have a varying personality due to the way their built. For example the Requiem shark is much more sleek looking moving more gracefully in the water similar to a dancer form an MGM musical.


I lastly looked at the different 1950s MGM Musicals, coming across Singing In The Rain, The Wizard of Oz, and Three Little Words. 

Comments

Popular Posts