Invisible Cities: Armilla Thumbnails

These are my Armilla thumbnail concepts that I created using Adobe Photoshop. When creating each thumbnail the main influence of the thumbnails was London. As i feel this city best represented how I imagined the atmosphere of Armilla would be like. Including how London uses the 'Underground' as a form of transport. I decided I would include this and create the 'Underwater' where nymphs would travel by pipes. 
I also reflected back on my influence maps, checking back to make sure I captured elements from the photographs I chose that would showcase my concepts of how I believe Armilla should be depicted.
Along with this I also decided how Armilla would be shown from a distance, this was when I decided that Armilla would be located down the plug hole where lights would shine from the city, a from beneath the plug and reflected on the bath or sink. This was created by taking photographs from m bathroom and using them to help aid my perspective.



Comments

  1. These are really nice! I especially love the compositions in 1 and 8 and the lighting in 10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the atmosphere you have created through the tone and the use of aquatic blues and greys, really brings the world to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies - I missed this one the first time around... loving 8 - it's fun and whimsical and very 'for animation'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all looks fab but my preferred favorites is number 8/4

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts