2000 Word Contexts Essay - Mind Map


For the 2000 word context essay I have created this mind map showing some ideas I had of different directions I could take the essay. I have included ideas such as Aladdin and Orientalism, Gender within Disney films (specifically looking into the female role within the films - focusing on Snow White, Ariel and Mulan, as I feel these show how the gender stereotypes changed at different key stages), and Sigmund Freud and Disney, focusing on the film Frozen, looking at how this shown through the character of Elsa.

Comments

  1. Hey Shannon - see, you're even making thinking about essays look sassy and exciting! What I find satisfying here is how clearly some of the stuff we talked about last term is surfacing here around your choices so interestingly. For me, I'm liking the Aladdin and Frozen choices - the idea of Elsa as 'monstrous feminine' looks particularly juicy to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts