Character Design: Lesson 1

In this first session of character design, we focused on looking at the different visual styles of characters. This could range from the types of shapes they are made from i.e. circles and how this may have an influence on the personality of the character. We also looked at the different types of stylisation depending on the type of production the character is part of. 

For this I was given the character of Honey Lemon, from Disney's Big Hero 6 (2016), these were the results:

First attempt constructing Honey Lemon of triangular shapes rather than circle shapes

Second attempt creating Honey Lemon with triangles


First attempt creating a simple style Honey Lemon

Second attempt of creating a simple style Honey Lemon


Honey Lemon reference image



We then went on to be given a theme, of character looking at creating a diverse range of characters within that theme. For this I was given the theme of goblins. However, I didn't completely finish so next time I think I need to work on the speed of which I create the drawings :)

First set of goblins

Second set of goblins




Comments

Popular Posts