Sound Design: Lesson 2 - Recording and Mixing Sounds


Today I recorded various sounds from objects that I specifically picked out in relation the the painting above. For the object I tried to find sounds that would focus on sounds like scales, water, sparkles and droplets, as I feel that these sounds are displayed within the painting. 

These are the collection of objects I chose to create the sounds:


- Glasses and earring and 10p - I used these to create water droplet sounds as well as various jingles almost like sparkles to represent the small glowing objects in the painting. I found that the 10p when sliding own the curved bumpy surface of the glasses had a really distinctive sound that was very mystical, setting the tone that I wanted for the mix.

- Sequin notebooks - These were used to recreate the sound of the scales and how they may interact with the surrounds, adding the presence of the mermaid to the recording.

- Perfume bottle-  This was perfect for the water sound effects, giving the recording some surrounding elements. As it was a small bottle with little liquid, the sound wasn't too intense and was quite light and delicate, perfect for the painting.

I then used Adobe Audition to mix the various sounds, and fade them into one another. I also found that you could add effects to each element so I added a light wind breeze sound to show the environment of which this takes place.


I then lastly used Adobe Premiere, to add the track to the image, to you would see both of them together. 


This is the final outcome:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts